Tech Strategies believes that it is important to protect your privacy and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs.
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- from you when you agree to take a service or product from us, which may include your name, email address and postal address.
- from you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about how you use our services
All payments details are encrypted via SSL (specifically TLS 1.x) between your browser and our website. Tech Strategies securely passes these details directly to our payment provider via SSL (specifically TLS 1.x) encryption. We do not store your credit card details used for payment of any products or services in any form on our servers.
Using your personal information
Tech Strategies will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to identify you when you contact us;
- to help identify accounts, services and/or products which you could have from us or selected partners from time to time;
- to help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future;
- to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us and/or selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you for the purpose of providing services you have asked for, as part of the process of selling our business, or if we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings. From time to time, these service providers and organisations may be outside Australia in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your personal information.
We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance reasons.
We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We may use and search these records to trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud and manage your accounts.
Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in these provisions and that they have not objected to such use of their personal information.
Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.